The Zebra Scanner SDK for iOS is provided as a static library that can be linked to a custom iOS application. The static library provides an Application Programming Interface (API) to provide the communication facilities required to operate a supported Zebra scanner on the iOS platform. The SDK provides the capability to manage connections, configure connected scanners, perform various operations with connected scanners, and to obtain information about connected scanners.
- DS3608-DP DS3678-DP Ultra Rugged Scanners
- DS3608-ER DS3678-ER Ultra Rugged Scanners
- DS3608-HD DS3678-HD Ultra Rugged Scanners
- DS3608-HP DS3678-HP Ultra Rugged Scanners
- DS3608-SR DS3678-SR Ultra Rugged Scanners
- RFD8500 RFID Reader
- Symbol CS4070 Companion Scanner
The following MFi (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) Zebra scanners are currently supported by the iOS SDK.
Table 1 Supported Zebra Scanners
|RFD8500||Bluetooth MFi Server mode, with primary mode set to MFI SSI|
The following Bluetooth low energy Zebra scanners currently supported by the iOS SDK.
Table 2 Supported Zebra Scanners
|DS3678||SSI over Bluetooth low energy|
|LI3678||SSI over Bluetooth low energy|
|DS8178||SSI over Bluetooth low energy|
NOTE: To configure a device in the mode specified, refer to the appropriate Product Reference Guide, User Guide, or Integration Guide.
Table 3 Pairing Modes
|Scanner Model||Paring Barcode|
The following system requirements are necessary in order to develop, test, and execute applications using the Zebra Scanner SDK for iOS:
- Xcode 6, or later.
- iOS SDK 8.0, or later.
- Zebra Barcode Scanner SDK for iOS.
- iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS 8.0 or later.
Version 1.4.23 - 01/2021
- Removed Bluetooth device friendly name support from the Scanner SDK and from the Scanner Control App (SCA).
Version 1.4.19 - 10/2020
- Added iOS 14 support.
- Simplified setup of STC (Scan-To-Connect) pairing process for cordless BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) scanner. Utility automatically generates unique pairing sequence. Users no longer must enter the Bluetooth MAC Address from host iOS device into app.
Version 1.4.15 - 07/2020
- Added support for CS6080 Bluetooth scanner (Classic Bluetooth and BTLE).
- Added support for manufacturer data format (kCBAdvDataManufacturerData). Manuracturing data format was introduced by Apple with iOS v12.
Version 1.4.9 - 04/2020
- Faster wireless firmware update for select scanners over the Bluetooth Classic communication protocol. See 123Scan’s release notes per scanner for product support details.
Version 1.4.8 - 01/2020
Firmware update improvements
- Loading firmware is skipped if firmware to be loaded is already present on the device.
- Enhanced firmware failure handling including new error messages.
- Performance improvement when initially discovering Zebra scanners.
- Added support for CS6080 cordless Bluetooth scanner.
Version 1.4.7 - 06/2019
- Added MFi certification to iOS SDK for DS8178.
- Added iOS 13 support.
Version 1.4.6 - 11/2018
- Added iOS v12 support.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (SSI LE) High Security feature support.
Version 1.4.5 - 06/2018
- Enable AutoReconnect for MFi scanners.
Version 1.3.9 - 01/2018
- Added iOS 11 support.
- DS2278 and DS8178 support added.
- CS4070 firmware update support.
Version 1.2.0 - 09/2016
- Aim control supported.
- Page motor supported.
- Firmware update supported.
- STC supported for BTLE scanners.
Version 1.1.0 - 02/2016
Demo Application changes.
- Demo App name changed from “Zebra Scanner” to “Zebra Scanner Control”.
- Enhanced pairing and connection instructions.
- Miscellaneous user interface improvements.
- Release trigger button is disabled when connected to a CS4070 only.
- Button to permanently set Symbologies removed when connected to a CS4070 only.
- LED control button removed from Active scanner info section when connected to a RFD8500 only.
- Default communication mode set to MFi.
Version 1.0.0 - 10/2015
- Initial Barcode Scanner SDK for iOS release.