The Zebra Data Service (ZDS) system is a set of background services running on all supported Zebra devices and is responsible for collecting and uploading analytics data coming from ZDS plug-ins and Zebra-authorized third-party apps. Data is uploaded to the Zebra analytics database every 24 hours by default with transport secured with HTTPS. ZDS accepts configuration changes to the upload interval, data-collection events and other parameters through a barcode scanned by the device. Learn more about changing ZDS parameters.
ZDS components are self-updating to ensure that devices contain the most up-to-date features and bug-fixes. Learn more about ZDS updates.
The image below shows some of the reports available for visualizing data collected from devices within an organization.
Click image to enlarge; ESC to exit.
- Device "Build Fingerprint" including:
- Device model number
- Android version
- Build ID
- Device serial number
- Device usage data
- OS image, LifeGuard and security patch levels applied
- Available RAM
- Device storage (flash) information and health
- Battery information and health
- Wi-Fi (WLAN) connection events
- Cellular (WWAN) connection events (if applicable)
- Data traffic statistics (as applicable) for:
- Cellular (WWAN)
- Wi-Fi (WLAN)
- Location data (as applicable) for:
- Wi-Fi (WLAN)
- System app info and usage
- Zebra app info and usage data, including for:
- Enterprise Home Screen
- EMDK for Android
- EMDK for Xamarin
- MX STATS
- Scanner information and usage statistics
- Reboots triggered by the system or an app
- Application Not Responding (ANR) events
- ZDS is compatible with all Zebra devices running Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) and later.
- Zebra offers active ZDS support for devices running Android 6.x (Marshmallow) and later.
- ZDS comes preinstalled on most devices with the latest Android 7.x (and later) builds.
- Installation might be required for devices running Android 4.4, Android 5.x (Lollipop) and later Android versions.
Contact Zebra Support for more information.