IPWedge is a small Windows app that monitors a network port and receives scanned data sent by devices using the DataWedge IP Output Plug-in. The receiving PC inserts the data as keystrokes into the foreground application or the Windows Clipboard, essentially using the device as a wireless scanner.
Using IPWedge requires the following:
- A PC with Windows XP, Vista or 7
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (or later) installed
- A Zebra device running Android 4.4 KitKat (or later)
- DataWedge for Android 1.5 (or later)
1. Visit the Zebra Support Portal, enter "IPwedge" in the search box and download the appropriate version for the target device.
2. Install the .zip file on the system to which the scanned data will be sent.
3. Run the IPWedge app. A screen appears similar to the image below. Make a note of the IP address and port number (in the red box).
IPWedge System Tray menu.
Note: This default port number is the same as that of the IP Output Plug-in on the device.
4. Open the IPWedge app from the Windows Start menu or tap on the IPWedge icon in the System Tray and select Options.
The IPWedge Options panel appears similar to the image(s) below.
5. Make any required changes to Options in the General, Keystroke and Clipboard tabs. Click OK on each tab to save settings.
The PC is now ready to receive data from devices running DataWedge with the IP Output Plug-in (with IP address and port settings matching those of the PC). For device setup instructions, see "IP Output" in the DataWedge Setup Guide.