StageNow 2.7 User Guide, Revision A
This help file provides the staging administrator instructions on using StageNow 2.6 to create profiles to use for staging devices.
Firefox 29 or newer
Google Chrome 35 or newer
Internet Explorer 9 or newer
Topics covered in this guide:
Installing StageNow provides instructions for installing, uninstalling, and upgrading the StageNow Staging Solution, including system requirements.
Getting Started describes StageNow and includes information on users, use cases, and devices supported.
Profiles provides information on the StageNow Wizards which allow the staging administrator to define software configuration and installation for enterprise devices.
Profile Wizards describes how to use each available profile creation Wizard.
Settings provides information for the staging administrator on configuring and managing settings for use in creating profiles.
Setting Types lists the parameters and values available when creating settings.
Device Staging provides information for the staging operator on selecting a profile for configuring the target devices, and deploying the profile material to the devices.
Troubleshooting discusses errors that can occur in the StageNow Tool, and possible solutions.
StageNow 2.7 now supports MX 6.3, which introduces or enhances the following CSPs and capabilities:
Bug Report Manager – New CSP features:
- Set Bug Report Handling to default (Android) or custom (Zebra)
- Present device-user questionnaire to collect additional information
- Store an unlimited number of bug report files in available flash
- Capture audio and attach to bug reports
- Trigger "silent" bug reports with an intent
- Enable or Disable:
- Generate Bug Report from Power Off Menu
- Store reports in flash memory
- Send reports to a specified email address
- Upload reports to the Zebra Cloud
Cellular Manager - New features:
- Avoid garbled UI when CellularDataWarningValue was higher than CellularDataLimitValue
- Accept the value "2" for CellularDataLimitState
Threat Manager - Added feature to detect rooted device
Key Mapping Manager – Added key mapping support for NAV PAD Button
Touch Manager – Touch Mode support for ET5X M devices
License Manager - Bug fixes
- Ability to select custom feature name or standard feature name
DHCP Option Manager - Added new Feature
- Enable/disable features such as client identifier and FQDN
- Add several new vendor-specific DHCP options
Remote Scanner Manager – Supports DS3678 Bluetooth scanner with the features such as firmware update and paging
Enterprise Keyboard - Feature is removed; this tool can now be downloaded a user app
Personal Dictionary - Adds the ability to bulk-add dictionary words from a file