Zebra OEMinfo is a service included with Zebra devices that provides app developers with a simple, unified and secure method of programmatically determining device capabilities and settings. OEMinfo Content Provider Framework provides a set of APIs through which Zebra publishes information about a given device for consumption by apps running on the device. Based on publicly specified Android interfaces, OEMinfo can help an app determine whether a feature or operation it needs to perform is likely to be successful.
Scope and Audience
This guide describes major components of the OEMinfo Content Provider Framework, and includes methods for configuring an app to consume content through OEMinfo APIs. It is intended for software developers, administrators and other technical users designing apps that could benefit by acquiring information about device capabilities of the Zebra device on which they are running.
OEMinfo is supported on all Zebra devices running...
- Android 10.x or later (OEMinfo preinstalled)
- Android 8.x Oreo (installed with LifeGuard update)
- Recommended updates for MSM8937-platform devices:
- TC20 8.x Oreo: LifeGuard Update 07 September 2020
- TC25 8.x Oreo: LifeGuard Update 07 September 2020
For best results, Zebra recommends using
OEMinfo 22.214.171.1242or later.
Android Developer Docs
- Android Content Provider Basics | An Introduction
- Content Observer | Get a callback when data changes
Articles by Zebra Engineers
- How to display serial and IMEI numbers on device | Sample app, instructions, source code
- Save OEM identifiers to a file on the device | Sample app, source code