Mobile Parcel sample app demonstrates the use of Mobile Parcel Dimensioning APIs in a Line of Business Application (LOB). There are 2 versions of this sample app available: Java and Xamarin.
- Android 11 or higher
- See Zebra Support Portal for the supported devices list
- Dimensioning Framework (pre-installed on supported Zebra mobile computers)
Download the sample app source code.
APIs used in this sample app:
- ENABLE_DIMENSION - Starts the Dimensioning service and configures the time-of-flight (ToF) camera for dimensioning.
- GET_DIMENSION - Presents the Mobile Parcel UI layout on top of the line of business (LOB) app and sends dimensioning results back to the app.
- GET_DIMENSION_PARAMETER - Reports the parameter values supported by the Mobile Parcel API.
- SET_DIMENSION_PARAMETER - Sets parameters supported by the Mobile Parcel API.
- DISABLE_DIMENSION - Releases all Dimensioning service resources, including camera hardware.
See Mobile Parcel API documentation for further information.
Using This Sample
The sample app allows the user to start/stop dimensioning. The resulting dimension values are in specified units (inch or cm). Download, build and deploy the sample app to the device, then follow the instructions below:
- Launch the sample app on the device. The main screen appears and the length, height and width are initialized. Tap Start Dimensioning.
- The camera screen appears, ready to start dimensioning. Place the object within the field of view and tap the button to capture the dimensions of the object.
- The dimensions are captured and confirmation is requested. Tap Confirm.
- The dimension values are displayed on the main screen.