Apps using Enterprise Browser 22.214.171.124 (or later) can run on the secondary screen of supported devices using Zebra Workstation Connect, Zebra's enterprise solution that provides a desktop-like experience from a mobile device. The ZWC experience includes use of an external keyboard, mouse and secondary monitor with a Desktop unique from the device.
- One or more devices compatible with ZWC running Android 11 or later
- Zebra Workstation Cradle (corresponding to device(s) in use)
- LifeGuard OS update
11-20-18.00-RG-U00-STD-HEL-04(or later) installed
- Workstation Connect 1.3 (or later) installed
- Enterprise Browser (
- HTML5-compliant EB app(s)
- Touch-capable monitor (if app implements touch input)
See the following sections for important compatibility and runtime restrictions.
This solution supports the Zebra DS9308 USB scanner.
- An EB app running on the ZWC Desktop...
- Closes when its top-left corner is clicked.
- Goes to the background when its title bar is clicked.
- Snaps to the Desktop's upper-left corner if device is undocked.
To correct, dock device and re-launch app.
- If moved to the device with soft input panel open, fails to invoke SIP on the device when an input fields gains focus.
To correct, close SIP before moving app (also applies when moving from primary to secondary display).
- The SAP bundle is NOT supported for running EB apps on the secondary screen.
- The Enterprise Browser Feature Demo app cannot be run on the secondary screen.
- Scrolling by dragging up/down with left mouse button is NOT supported.
- Touch gestures are NOT supported for scrolling.
- On-device debugging is NOT applicable to apps running on the Desktop.
- Any app content relating to settings for screen resolution and/or user agent must be controlled internally by the app.
- This solution supports the Zebra DS9308 USB scanner.
The following configurable elements of the
Config.xml file are not supported on (or do not apply to) apps running on the Zebra Workstation Connect Desktop.
- AutoRotate | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
- DebugButtonsEnabled | Not supported on Desktop
- DebugModeEnable | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
- FullScreen | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
- LockOrientation | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
- SettingsButtonEnabled | Not supported on Desktop
- ShortcutCreationEnabled | Not supported on Desktop
- WebPageCapture | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
The following Enterprise Browser APIs are not supported on (or do not apply to) apps running on the Zebra Workstation Connect Desktop.
- Comm | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
- Scanner (PocketBrowser) | DEPRECATED. Migration to Barcode API recommended
- Scanner (RhoElements) | DEPRECATED. Migration to Barcode API recommended
- ScreenOrientation | ZWC orientation configuration overrides EB configuration when running on Desktop
- ScreenOrientation (RhoElements) | Not applicable to Desktop Mode
- SerialComm | Not supported on some cradles; might not be applicable to Desktop Mode
- SmartCradle | Specific to PS20 device and cradle; not applicable to Desktop Mode
The <ScrollBar> attribute allows for a vertical scrollbar to be created and customized for apps running on the ZWC Desktop. Selection of scrollbar width (in pixels) and color are supported. When enabled, users can scroll by clicking on the scrollbar itself or on its up/down arrows, or by using a mouse wheel, if present.
Scrolling by dragging up/down with a mouse or finger is NOT supported.
- 0 - Disabled (default; scrollbar hidden)
- 1 – Enabled (scrollbar shown)
See Config.xml reference for more information about this parameter's options.
<ScrollBar> <ScrollBarEnable value ="1"/> <ScrollBarWidth value ="200"/> <ScrollBarColor value = ="#FF5733"/> </ScrollBar>
The <UserAgent> attribute of the
Config.xml file is supported for apps running on the ZWC Desktop. This parameter can be used to store information about the device’s operating environment to allow web sites to tailor content for optimal presentation. More info.
<UserAgent value = “ Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/96.0.4664.45 Safari/537.36 "/>