- Users might gain access to Airplane mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other device settings via the Quick Settings panel in the Notification drop-down even if Settings app is disabled by EHS. This can be prevented with settings configurable using the UI Manager through StageNow or EMDK.
- Wireless capabilities also can be individually disabled through these MX modules:
- MX modules are accessible using EMDK or StageNow tools.
- Taking a screenshot (by pressing the "volume-down" and "Power" buttons simultaneously) while in User Mode might expose users to the Gallery app or to apps used for sharing images such as Gmail and MMS. To prevent this, disable such unwanted apps in the Disable/Enable Applications section of Optional Feature Tags section.
- If the Programmable Keys feature on the Android System Settings panel is used to program a key to launch an application, that key mapping will be available in User Mode.
Installing OpenSSL tool on Windows PC:
1. Download OpenSSL 1.0.1g or above for Windows.
2. Install OpenSSL on a computer with connectivity to the target device.
3. Dismiss the Visual C++ 2008 warning, if any, during installation and complete the installation.
4. At the command prompt, navigate to the OpenSSL installed folder (c:\OpenSSL-Win32\ by default)
5. Set the OpenSSL configuration environment variable by executing the following command:
C:\OpenSSL-Win32\ Set OPENSSL_CONF=C:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl.cfg
OpenSSL can now be used to sign EHS files.