This section provides installation instructions for Device Central.
Starting with Android 10, Device Central is no longer built into Zebra devices. It is required to be downloaded through the Zebra support portal.
Important: Previous installations of Device Central 3.2.1 or lower must be removed before installing Device Central 3.3 or higher. The Device Central .APK is now signed with a new key to provide additional security, requiring uninstallation of the old .APK before installing Device Central 3.3 or higher.
Installation from the Zebra support portal:
- Download the .apk from Zebra support portal.
- Copy the .apk to the device.
- Tap on the .apk to install.
- Follow the instructions when prompted to complete the installation.
- Open Device Central.
- About Device Central
- Usage Guide
- Device Central Manager CSP - configures Device Central settings
- Bluetooth Manager CSP - controls whether a device can pair with other Bluetooth devices