The Android SDK for Scanners allows a developer to create an Android application that controls a Zebra Scanner. The SDK supports both corded and cordless scanners. The SDK supports tablets, phones and other android devices.
For the compatible devices list, please visit following page.https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/developer-tools/scanner-sdk-for-android.html
This SDK is approved for use on 3rd party Android devices like a Samsung tablet.
This SDK is not approved for use on Android based Zebra enterprise mobile computer devices. For Android based Zebra enterprise mobile computer devices, please use the EMDK to control a scanner.
Barcode Scanner SDK for Android support the following Android versions.
Android 11, 12 and 13
Version 18.104.22.168 - 07/2023
- Added remote management support to the Scanner SDK for Android. Remote management supports both Firmware and Config File update through the consumption of an SMS package. Details: Place SMS Package in "Download/ZebraSMS" folder (programmable location). Folder automatically created when installing SDK. For additional details see Scanner SDK for Android TechDocs page.
- Added SMS package (Firmware and Config File) consumption support to the Android Scanner Control Application (SCA). Details: Place SMS Package in "Download/ZebraSMS" folder (programmable location). Folder automatically created when installing SCA. For additional details see Scanner SDK for Android TechDocs page.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 04/2023
- Bug fix - Fixed crash when application (SDK created app) moved to background. Issue resolved a null pointer exception.
- Added reconnect option to enable reconnection even when go out of range and come back outside programmed time-out period. Now to reconnect (outside the timeout period) double click the trigger button. This only works in “SSI over Bluetooth Classic” mode.
Version 126.96.36.199 - 12/2022
- Added device filter capability using an API. The API removes all non-Zebra barcode scanners by filtering on friendly name.
- Added auto-reconnect to last paired scanner upon application launch. This is achieved through an API which enables/disables auto reconnecting.
- Added support for Android SDK API level 33.
Version 188.8.131.52 - 07/2022
- Added Android 12 and 13 support. Note Android 10 and older versions no longer supported by Zebra's SDK.
Version 184.108.40.206 - 01/2022
- Firmware update support added via FCDAT firmware file (contains both firmware and device parameter configuration).
- Support added to only see Zebra Bluetooth devices on the available device list. Implementation filters using the OS' available devices list and only shows devices with Zebra's vendor ID.
Version 220.127.116.11 - 04/2021
- Enhanced “Virtual Tether” support to include host feedback in the Android SDK and Scanner Control App.
- Added support for SSI over CDC.
- Bug fix now able to successfully change the scanner beeper volume from low to high.
- Added support enabling 2 com ports simultaneously for ZETI and SSI in “commonio” library.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 01/2021
- Changed how the STC barcode is generated. It no longer uses the Bluetooth MAC address to generate the STC barcode. Instead, the STC barcode is generated with a unique Zebra pairing ID.
- Added Virtual tethering support.
- Added BTLE support to STC supported com protocols.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 10/2020
- Added Android 11 support.
- Bug fix - Fixed scanner Bluetooth pairing issue with Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy 10 and Samsung Note 10.
Version 126.96.36.199 - 07/2020
- Simplified corded (USB) scanner connection in the Scanner Control App (SCA) - Users no longer must enter the Bluetooth address if using a corded scanner
- Simplified entry of Bluetooth address at initial launch of the Scanner Control App (SCA). Now app only accepts valid range of characters when entering Bluetooth (MAC) address of phone into app.
- Updated SDK to Google lib and removed redundant older library called gson.
- Added support for CS6080 Bluetooth scanner (Classic Bluetooth and BTLE).
Version 188.8.131.52 - 04/2020
- Faster wireless firmware update for select scanners over the Bluetooth Classic communication protocol. See 123Scan's release notes per scanner for product support details.
Version 184.108.40.206 - 01/2020
- Scanner Control App (SCA) - Added image and video capture functionality to the Advanced tab.
Version 220.127.116.11 - 10/2019
- Added Android 10 support.
- Added AndroidX library structure support.
- Improved device discovery, which improved thread management.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 08/2019
- Bug fix - Fixed and issue in SDK, a crash with unclosed threads.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 06/2019
- Bug fix - Fixed an issue with writing a RFID tag (send the correct RMD packet, and correct data type for RFID tag reads).
Version 126.96.36.199 - 04/2019
- Scanner Control App (SCA) - Added scale support on DataView tab for MP class scanners.
Version 188.8.131.52 - 10/2018
- More stable and fast Video capture over SNAPI communication protocol.
- Android 9 "Pie" support.
Version 184.108.40.206 - 08/2018
- Added support for Image capture, Video capture and Intelligent Document Capture (IDC) over USB cable using SNAPI communication protocol.
- Bug fix - Bluetooth (LE) Low Energy communication now more reliable and faster (i.e. firmware update is faster).
Version 220.127.116.11 - 05/2018
- Fixed critical security vulnerability reported by Android bug.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 04/2018
- Optimized text of enter Bluetooth MAC address screen.
- Optimized pair barcode presentation when shown on tablet in landscape mode.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 01/2018
- Image Capture support.
- Scan Speed Analytics in Scanner Control application.
Version 126.96.36.199 - 07/2017
- Bluetooth LE support.
- Cascaded device support.
Version 188.8.131.52 - 01/2017
- Android 7.x support.
- DS8178 and DS2278 support.
Version 184.108.40.206 - 09/2016
- Firmware update support.
- New Scanner Control application.
Version 220.127.116.11 - 06/2016
- ScanToConnect paring barcode support.
- USB SNAPI scanner support.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 10/2015
- Initial SDK release.