Articles and blogs may be posted on other sites that also serve as useful DataWedge resources for application development:
- Getting Started with DataWedge on Zebra Devices - guide on getting started with app development to capture barcode data using DataWedge. Java, Kotlin and Xamarin samples are provided.
- Using DataWedge with Multiple Android Activities - discusses how to use the scanner to capture data across multiple activities within a single app.
- Mimicking Field-Level Profiles with the DataWedge API - discusses how to automatically switch between profiles (containing different scanner configurations) based on the text field in focus.
- Scanning Multiple Barcodes with a Single Trigger Pull - demonstrates how to scan multiple barcodes in a single trigger scan based on the MultiBarcode feature.
- Scan with DataWedge Using Explicit Broadcast Intents - explains the importance of using explicit intents and how to use it.
- Quickly Suspend Scanning in Your App with DataWedge - demonstrates how to temporarily disable the barcode scanner.
- Listening for KeyPress events with DataWedge - discusses how to send data as key events so an application can listen for the keypress events and react accordingly.
- DataWedge scanning in the background - discusses how to scan barcodes when the app is in the background or the mobile device is in standby.
- DataWedge OCR - how to use OCR to read license plates, vehicle identification numbers, tire identification numbers, meters and identification documents, such as drivers licenses or national identity cards.
- Barcode highlighting - demonstrates how to highlight specific barcodes in the field of view to capture data based on specified criteria.
- Free-Form Image Capture - demonstrates how to capture an image using the barcode scanner (rather than the camera, if a camera is not present).
- Giving context to speech with DataWedge and Voice Input - discusses how to use DataWedge for voice recognition, convert it to text and capture the text in your app.
- Developing React Native Apps - demonstrates how to integrate React Native, a cross-platform framework to develop mobile apps, with DataWedge.
- Other additional blogs and sample apps - refer to Darryn's repository of blogs and sample apps for more useful information on application development.