StageNow 2.8 User Guide, Revision A
This help file provides the staging administrator instructions on using StageNow 2.8 to create profiles to use for staging devices.
Firefox 29 or newer
Google Chrome 35 or newer
Internet Explorer 9 or newer
Topics covered in this guide:
Installing StageNow provides instructions for installing, uninstalling, and upgrading the StageNow Staging Solution, including system requirements.
Getting Started describes StageNow and includes information on users, use cases, and devices supported.
Profiles provides information on the StageNow Wizards which allow the staging administrator to define software configuration and installation for enterprise devices.
Profile Wizards describes how to use each available profile creation Wizard.
Settings provides information for the staging administrator on configuring and managing settings for use in creating profiles.
Setting Types lists the parameters and values available when creating settings.
Device Staging provides information for the staging operator on selecting a profile for configuring the target devices, and deploying the profile material to the devices.
Troubleshooting discusses errors that can occur in the StageNow Tool, and possible solutions.
StageNow 2.8 now supports MX 7.0, which introduces or enhances the following CSPs and capabilities:
App Manager – New CSP features:
- Adding/Removing App form Battery optimization List
Cert Manager - Fixes:
- Fix for Customer issue provided (deleting uninstalled cert from UI)
Intent Manager - Setting applications as Device owner.
Key Mapping Manager – Added key mapping support for NAV PAD Button
BugReportManager – New CSP features:
- Ability to disable triggering reports via intent
- Ability to disable taking snapshots Android N changes.
- Block user from taking a new report while one is being collected
Cellular Manager – Bug fixes:
- Gracefully handle invalid OSX version in CellularMgr CSP: reject only those parameters that depend on OSX
- Improve error handling for SIM selection and CellularData parameters.
Wifi Manager – New Feature:
- 802.11ac implementation and 802.11n Implementation
- 802.11ac,802.11n parameters are added in advanced parameters
File Manager – New Feature:
- HTTPS support.
License Manager – Bug fixes:
- Sensitive information is not getting logged.
Analytics Manager – New Feature:
- Support for “N” Device.
Bluetooth Manager – New Feature:
- Provided support for admin to add new silent pairing rule by providing just the name of the remote Bluetooth device
Fix for upgrade from 2.5 to 2.8
Audio gain fix for Frenzy by ZVC